The Department consists of two subjects, Christian Religious
Education (C.R.E) and History and Gsovernment. It is headed by
Mr. Elias Okal who is assisted by Heads of Subjects.
The Head of subject, C.R.E. is Mr. Thomas Kidiga while Head of Subject,
History is Mrs. Florence Oindo. C.R.E. is a compulsory subject-in the school- while History remains an elective subject as spelt out in the curriculum. The current enrollment for History is 161 students in form four. In the 2014 KCSE Examinations, C.R.E. posted a mean of 9.5380 while History posted 8.4244 with an enrolment of 205 candidates.
The following strategies have helped achieve the goals of the department:
- Joint examination with peer schools within and without the region.
- Internal and external symposia.
- Academic excursions and trips.
- Syllabus coverage in line with the school strategic plan.
- Talks on examination techniques by experts.
- Revision of examinations cycles, RATs and other tests.
Since the two subject put a heavy demand on reading widely, it would only be prudent that students
take up this task with gusto and commitment for better results.
Mrs Florence Oindo